Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CALLING ALL SECRETED BLOGGERS:

So I have been checking out other dog blogs online...

And yeah, okay, I get my share of ridicule for having a blog at all, never mind one that is dedicated to the adulation of my préférée caniche (favorite poodle). Don’t think for a minute that it’s all about the implied “geekiness” of having a blog, but rather that I don’t think anyone would have thought “oh yeah, she’s a poodle-girl”  They may have said “oh yeah, she’s a mastiff-girl” but not a fluffy-white-miniature-often-sissified-looking “poodle-girl.” I may be projecting that last perception onto people but here are some of my personal favorites:

·        “My God, you are relentless with this blogging thing…you do one every couple of days!” In all fairness John could have let  loose with this one after my all-out campaign against his “booger” entry in the last caption contest…sorry Johnny (I regret nothing! but I can't help but think ya gotta be "following" to notice.)

·        “Blogging? Really?” It’s truly impressive the intent one can convey with the proper inflection on just two little words.

·        “Dog blog? Really?”  or perhaps three.

·        “ This is the same dog right? The make-your-own-dog-food dog? The I-should- be-dead-by-now dog? Need I go on?”  No, no need on my account.

So where am I going? I am asking those who have and haven’t found it necessary to comment on the blog to do just that…comment  on the blog. I have a few guest bloggers lined up but some suggestions would be welcome too. I have spoken to a few faithful readers about their ideas and would be interested in hearing yours!

SO CLICK ON THE COMMENTS SECTION AND LEAVE SOME OF YOUR AMAZING SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE DOG-BLOG TOPICS...
  • Keep it clean, remember there are kids watching
  • Keep it nice, remember I am a hothouse flower with an easily bruised ego
  • "Keep your shirt on," remember that whether you think a blog implies lack of a life or not...I'm fitting this in...I do have a life so it may take a little while to see your topic in print
  • Keep on coming back and making comments, remember I may have a life but you're still a part of it
THANKS EVERYBODY!
                  

8 comments:

  1. Love that pic of the skipster.....very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, just so you know, and I know you do, this sign in and out thing is a pain in the butt....that is more likely why you don't get comments. Here I am going along just running of at the keyboard, and bammmm you gotta log in to publish a comment.....I mean I know it's likely that that is common practice of course, but for us new bloggers....it's perceived as a PIA.....LOVE THE BLOG THOUGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you hit the "comment" and it asks for your name...DO NOT hit "google account" hit "url name" and then you just have to type your name and submit...or see below where it says "comment as" just do the same on there BEFORE you comment and never be troubled again....thanks, Meliss...me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see Skip's toys and which ones are his top picks. Also the trip around the world is going to be fun. Love the blog and Skip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo....cool let me try the name/url thingy

    ReplyDelete
  6. that worked....amazing....and you say you aren't technical!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. Glad to be kept up to date with Skippy's activities. Hey, perhaps Sir Skip could give apartment hunting advice? I've found one, but someone else may need "dog sense."

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I met skip I had no idea of the talent from within that small bundle of fur....love the blogs....keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete